Last Updated on June 14, 2021 by Nazmin Sarker
Asian Mixed Rice
South Asian mixed rice recipes, with their heady mix of flavors and colors, are deeply impacted by the climate, culture, and historical events of their country. The amazing simplicity of its time-honored cooking style, with emphasis on the freshness of the ingredients, is mainly the reason for the allure of Asian cooking, which is as diverse yet as innately similar to its people.
Travelers to Asia often commented that they cannot help but be enchanted by the myriad of cultures and how much the joy of living of most Asian people centers around the preparation and sharing of food. Uncover the secrets of Asian cooking, prepared with a minimum of effort and one that truly represents the culinary landscape of Asia.
In a hurry? Check the bestseller top Asian Mixed Rice from Amazon. Just check the product link, the details, and the price.
Spicy Fried Rice Sticks With Shrimps Recipes
This is a variation of the classic Thai noodle dish known as pad Thai. Rice-sticks are actually a type of rice noodle and the dish is very popular in the Thai kingdom, where it is enjoyed morning, noon, and night. [See details simple Mexican rice recipe]
- 220 g Dried rice sticks, soaked in warm water for 30 mins, refreshed under cold running water, and drained.
- 220 g Medium-sized shrimps, cooked and peeled
- 75 g Fresh beansprouts
- 15 g Dried shrimps, soaked in warm water 30 minutes until soft, drain.
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Eggs beat
- Lime slices – garnish
- Process tamarind pulp in a bowl with 5 tablespoons hot water and blend together, then press through a sieve to extract 2 tablespoons thick tamarind water. Mix the tamarind water with the fish sauce and sugar and set aside.
- Process garlic and chilies by using mortar and pestle pounded to a paste and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium heat, then pour in the beaten eggs and stir for 1 – 2 minutes until the eggs are scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Clean the wok and reheat until hot and add remaining oil, then the chili paste and dried shrimps and stir-fry for approx. 1 minute.
- Add the rice sticks and tamarind mixture and stir-fry for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add in the scrambled eggs, shrimps, spring onions, beansprouts, peanuts, and coriander and continue to stir-fry for another 2 – 3 minutes. Stir until well mixed.
- Serve immediately, garnishing each portion with the lime slices.
Red Fried Rice Recipes
This unique and vibrant rice dish owes its appeal as much to the bright colors of red onions, red peppers, and cherry tomatoes as it does to their distinctive flavors.
- 220 g Basmati rice
- 400 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pieces Small red onions, chopped
- 2 pieces Red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Eggs beat
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- Salt and
- Wash rice through several changes of cold running water and drain well.
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to a boil, then add the rice and cook for approx. 10 – 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in the wok until very hot and add in red onions and red pepper and stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes, then add in the cherry tomatoes and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour all of the beaten eggs at once and cook for approx. 30 seconds without stirring at first. Once an egg is slightly set, stir strongly to break up the eggs and combine with the onions, peppers, and tomatoes evenly.
- Add the cooked rice to the wok and toss it over the heat with the vegetable and egg mixture for approx. 3 minutes.
- Season the fried rice with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Fried Rice With Shiitake Mushrooms Recipes
Considered as a side dish, it can be a meal in itself as the strong meaty, mushroomy aroma, and flavor of the shiitake is simply irresistible.
- 230 g Long-grain rice, cooked
- 350 g Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Eggs
- 8 stalks Spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 piece Small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce (not thick)
- 1 tbsp Japanese rice wine
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- Preparation: Beat eggs in the water and season with a pinch of salt.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large wok and pour in the eggs and cook to make a large omelet. Ensure the omelet is cooked through, then roll up the omelet and slice thinly.
- Prepare shiitake by slicing the caps and halving them If they are too large; the stalks may be discarded if preferred.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry garlic for approx. 3 minutes until softened but not brown, remove from wok and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, stir-fry green pepper until fragrant then add the butter. As the butter begins to drizzle, add the shiitake and stir-fry over moderate heat for approx. 2 minutes or until both vegetables are soft.
- Add in the rice wine and the rice, stirring all the time. If the rice seems dry, add a little more oil.
- Stir in the cooked onion, garlic, and omelet slices, the soy sauce, and coriander.
- Cook for a few more minutes or until a wonderful aroma is detected.
- May serve on one large serving tray with four empty shallow plates on the table or spoon the rice onto individual serving plates.
Thai Rice With Beansprouts And Pineapple Recipes
The fragrance of Thai rice is always welcomed in any Thai cuisine. Here is a simple way to celebrate it.
- 220 g Thai fragrant rice
- 2 cans pineapple rings, chopped
- 150 g Sprouted lentils or beansprouts
- 1 piece Small red pepper, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 50 g Cashew nuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp Pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp Wine vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and black pepper
- Prepare rice by soaking it in water for approx. 20 minutes, then rinse in several changes of water until water is clear. Drain, then boiled in slightly salted water ( add a pinch of salt) for 10 – 20 minutes until tender, drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, lime juice, chili, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, pineapple juice, and wine in a large bowl.
- Stir in the rice, making sure it is well blended with the mixture.
- Add the spring onions, pineapple rings, beansprouts, red pepper, celery, cashew nuts, and the toasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- This dish can be served warm or slightly chilled and is a good accompaniment to grilled or barbecued meats and fish.
If the rice grains stick together on cooling, simply stir them with a metal spoon to loosen them. Sesame oil has a strong, nutty flavor and is used for seasoning, marinating, or flavoring rather than for cooking. Because the taste is so distinctive, sesame oil can be mixed with grapeseed or other light flavored oil.
Coconut Rice Fritters Recipes
These delicious rice fritters from the Philippines can be serves at any time of the day as a snack or ‘merienda’ and go especially well with coffee or hot chocolate.
- 150 g White long-grain rice, cooked
- 80 g Desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk powder
- 2 Egg yolks
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Oil for deep-frying
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pound or process half of the cooked rice (75 g) until smooth and sticky. Transfer into a bowl and add in the remaining rice, coconut milk powder, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon juice.
- Spread out the desiccated coconut on a tray or shallow plate.
- With wet hands, divide the rice mixture into thumb-sized pieces and roll them in the coconut to make little neat balls.
- Heat oil in the wok or deep-fryer to 1800C / 3500F, then fry the coconut rice balls in batches for 1 – 2 minutes until the coconut is evenly browned.
- Transfer to a plate and dust with icing sugar. Place a little wooden skewer in each fritter and serve in a shallow bowl lined with banana leaf as an excellent afternoon merienda (snack).
Yogurt Rice With Seeds And Spices Recipes
Enrich with yogurt, and a meal by itself, this South Indian rice meal provides a colorful accompaniment to serve with curries or grilled meats.
- 200 g Basmati rice, cleaned through several changes of water
- 120 g Natural yogurt
- 400 ml Chicken stock
- 6 pieces Green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Coriander leaves – garnish
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the spices and garlic for approx. 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring all the time.
- Add in the basmati rice, stir to mix evenly with the spices for 10 seconds, then add in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in the yogurt and the toasted sesame and sunflower seeds. Adjust the seasoning and serve the rice hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipes
This dish is ideal to prepare for a special occasion meal. Served in the pineapple skin shell. it is sure to be the talking point of the light dinner recipes vegetarian Indian.
- 1 large pineapple
- 800 g Cooked cold rice
- 220 g Lean pork, diced
- 120 g Cooked shrimps, shelled
- 50 g Roasted cashew nuts
- 1 piece Onion, finely chopped
- 2 pieces Green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks Spring onions, chopped
- 2tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 10 pieces Mint leaves – garnish
- 2 pieces Red chilies, sliced – garnish
- 1 piece Green chili, sliced – garnish
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and remove the flesh from both halves by cutting round inside the skin. Reserve the skin shells. Use approx. 110 g of the flesh, diced. Keep the rest for a dessert.
- Heat oil in a large wok and add onions and chilies and stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes until softened.
- Add pork and cook until it is brown on all sides.
- Add in the shrimps, stir-fry for approx. 30 seconds, then add in the cooked rice, stirring and tossing the mixture evenly until the rice is thoroughly heated through.
- Add the diced pineapple, cashew nuts, and spring onions and season with fish sauce and soy sauce.
- With a large wooden spoon, transfer the fried rice onto the pineapple skin shells.
- Garnish with shredded mint leaves, red and green chilies.
Fragrant Rice Porridge With Chicken Recipes
Chicken porridge is common in Asian meals, particularly as a sustaining breakfast meal or as a light fresh market super veggie salad. It can be served simply with the chicken stirred into it.
For a more elaborate preparation, the chicken porridge can be served drizzled with a little soy sauce, strips of chicken meat mixer, prawns, garlic, and strips of fresh chili, topped with a lightly fried egg and garnished with celery leaves and fried onion.
- 1 Chicken of approx. 1 kg, cut into four quarters
- 1.75 liters Water
- 350g Thai fragrant rice, rinsed
- 2.5 cm fresh root ginger, halved and bruised
- 1 piece Large onion, quartered
- 12 pieces Medium shrimps, cooked and peeled – garnish
- 2 pieces Chilies, seeded and cut into fine strips – garnish
- 1 piece Egg, beaten, fried, and cut into thin strips – garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- Deep-fried onion and celery leaves – garnish
- Place the chicken pieces in a large saucepan with water and add in the onion quarters, ginger, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for approx. 45 – 50 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and reserve the stock.
- Remove the skin from the chicken, then separate the meat from the bones, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Strain and measure the reserved chicken stock. Make the quantity up to 1.75 liters with additional water and transfer to a clean saucepan.
- Add the fragrant rice to the stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then lower the heat and simmer gently for approx 20 minutes.
- Stir, cover, and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the rice is soft.
- Stir chicken pieces into the porridge and heat through for approx. 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with all the garnish above.
- How To Cook Pasta in a Rice Cooker
- My Time at Portia Vegetable Salad – That Only Experts Know
- South Indian Spinach Recipes For Beginners
- Homemade Grilled Chicken Salad Calories
- Sweet And Spicy Sauce Recipe
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API