Last Updated on March 6, 2021 by Nazmin Sarker
Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
The tender meat of most chicken and braised turkey legs makes it very suitable for broiling in the broiler or on the rotisserie. Out grilling is the same cooking technique as broiling. Unless the manufacturer’s directions state otherwise, always preheat the broiler. For easier cleaning, line the broiler pan with foil and brush the rack with salad oil ahead of time.
The exact distance from the source of heat will depend on the thickness of the piece of meat, but generally, the rack should be between 7 and 9 inches away; adjust the distance if this is not close enough.
Our Top Pick
- Allow ¾ -pound uncooked chicken per serving
- 196 cals per serving
- Low in sodium
- Good source of niacin
- Remove giblets; rinse and drain chicken well. Skewer neck skin to back and tie wings to body.
- Insert spit through body lengthwise and tighten holding prongs. Fix bird firmly.
- Carefully tie first the bird’s tail and then its drumsticks to the spit.
- If cooking 2 birds, mount them on the spit in opposite directions to balance evenly. Turn spit slowly to test balance.
- Following the menu facturer’s directions, cook, basting occasionally with melted butter. If using sauce, baste during the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- To test for doneness, insert a meat thermometer in the thigh, next to the body, avoiding the bone. The bird is done when it reads 180 to 185 F.
- 20 medium garlic cloves 1 ½ cups tarragon vinegar
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 3-to 3 ½ -pound broiler-fryers, quartered
- Begin 3 ½ hrs ahead
- 8 servings
- 271 cals per serving
- Good source of iron, niacin
- Into 13” by 9” baking dish, with a garlic press, crush garlic cloves. Stir in the next 6 ingredients.
- Add chicken pieces; turn pieces to coat them evenly in the marinade. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning chicken often.
- About 1 ¼ hour before serving: Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing. Place chicken on grill over medium coals; cook 35 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, turning chicken frequently and basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
To Broil in Oven: Marinate chicken as above. About 50 minutes before serving, preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Place chicken, skin side down, in broiling pan. (See also: farberware air fryer toaster oven). Broil 40 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, turning once and basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled ginger root or ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground coriander, sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 3-pound broiler-fryer, quartered
- In a blender container, place all ingredients except yogurt and chicken. Cover blender/food processor; at high-speed blend until mixture is pureed.
- With a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slashes in each chicken-breast half; do not cut all the way through to the bone. Make 2 diagonal slashes in each thigh. Make several small cuts in each drumstick. Add chicken to the yogurt mixture.
- About 1 ¼ hour before serving: Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing. When the grill is ready, place chicken on the grill over low coals. Cook 35minutes or until chicken is fork-tender, turning chicken frequently and basting often with some yogurt mixture.
To Broil in Oven: Marinate chicken as above. About 50minutes before serving, preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Place chicken, skin side down, in broiling pan. Baste with some yogurt mixture. About 7 to 9 inches from the source of heat ( or at 450 F), broil chicken for 25 minutes or until browned. Turn; baste with remaining mixture; broil 15 minutes longer or until chicken is fork-tender.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 2 ½ -or 3-pound broiler-fryer, quartered
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. In a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat butter or margarine, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and pepper until butter is melted.
- Baste with butter mixture frequently to moisten and add flavor to chicken pieces.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into 6 wedges about ¾ way through, gently spreading tomato wedges apart.
- Turn chicken pieces. Arrange tomatoes on the same broiling pan.
- Transfer to a warm platter and sprinkle chicken with grated lemon peel and chopped parsley to garnish if desired.
Chicken Marinated in Chili Sauce
- 1 12-ounce bottle chili sauce
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 3-pound broiler-fryer, cut cup
- In a 13” by 9” baking dish, mix all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in marinade; cover and refrigerate the chicken for at least 2 hours, turning the pieces occasionally.
- About 45 minutes before serving: Preheat broiler if, manufacturer directs. Place chicken on rack in broiling pan; broil 35 minutes or until fork-tender, basting the chicken pieces with marinade and turning occasionally with tongs.
Coating with marinade: Turn chicken occasionally in the marinade to coat the pieces evenly.
Broiling chicken: Place chicken on rack in broiling pots and pans for gas stove baste occasionally with marinade.
Outdoor Barbecue Variation: About 1 hour and 10 minutes before serving: Prepare grill for outdoor barbecuing. Place chicken on grill over medium coals; grill 35 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Baste chicken with marinade and turn occasionally.
Enhance and very the flavor of broiled chicken by marinating it first. Refrigerate the bird in the marinade for at least 2 hours, turning it occasionally to make sure it is completely coated. If there is any leftover marinade it can be used to baste the chicken during the cooking time.
Lime Marinade: In a 13” by 9” baking dish, mix 1 tablespoon grated lime peel. ½ cup lime juice, 3 tablespoons salad oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper. Use to marinate chicken or other poultry and for basting poultry while grilling or broiling. (Makes about 2/3 cup or enough marinade for one broiler-fryer.)
Green Onion-Soy Marinade: In 13” by 9’ baking dish, mix1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, ½ cup thinly sliced green onions, ½ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons dry sherry, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon ground ginger. Use to marinate chicken or other poultry and for basting poultry while grilling or broiling. (Makes about 1 cup or enough marinade for one broiler-fryer.)
Cheese and Anchovy Broiled Chicken Breasts
- 1 2-ounce can anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 large whole chicken breasts, halved
- 18-ounce package mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Drain 1 tablespoon oil from a can of anchovy fillets into a 1-quart saucepan; discard all the remaining oil; mince anchovies.
- Over medium heat, in hot anchovy oil, cook onion and anchovies for about 5minutes or until paste forms; stir in lemon juice. Remove from heat and let the paste cool slightly.
- Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Lift the skin from each half-breast to make a small pocket; rub 1 teaspoon anchovy mixture on the meat.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on a rack in broiling pan, 7to 9 inches from source of heat (or at 450 F); broil 20minutes. Turn; broil 15 minutes more or until tender. Top half-breasts with cheese. Broil 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Stuffing the breast: Rub some anchovy mixture on the used meat mixer for sale under the skin. Adding the cheese: 5 minutes before the end of cooking, top with cheese.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 5-to 6-pound frozen turkey breast, slightly thawed
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained, brown-and-serve sausages
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 ½ -inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix the first four ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut one side of turkey breast into 1-inch chunks (about 1 pound meat); use remaining turkey on other recipes. Add turkey chunks to bowl; toss lightly. Refrigerate 30minutes. Cut each sausage crosswise in half.
- Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. On six 14-inch metal skewers, alternately thread turkey, sausages, pineapple, and green onions. Broil 10 to 12minutes until turkey is tender, basting frequently with marinade and turning once.
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API