Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Nazmin Sarker
Using Fresh Figs
Fig pudding recipes using fresh figs this colorful salad is delicious at any time of the year. You can follow this article step by step.
You can buy on amazon product now
- 40 g/ 1 ½ oz rocket (arugula)
- 4 slices Parma ham (prosciutto)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 small red chili
- Tear the rocket (arugula) into a more manageable piece and arrange it on 4 serving plates
- Using a sharp knife, cut each of the figs into quarters and place them on top of the rocket (arugula) leaves.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the Parma ham (prosciutto) into strips and scatter over the rocket (arugula) and figs.
- Place the oil, orange juice, and honey in a screw-top jar. Shake the far until the mixture emulsifies and forms a thick dressing. Transfer to a bowl. (Check this article blender food processor combo)
- Using a sharp knife, dice the chili, remembering not to touch your face before you have washed your hands (See Cook’s Tip). Add the chopped chili to the dressing and mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the Parma ham (prosciutto), rocket (arugula), and figs, tossing to mix well. Serve at once.
Parma in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italian is famous for ham prosciutto di Parma thought to the best in the world. Chilies can burn the skin for several hours after chopping. It is a pointful take on gloves when you are handling the very warm variety.
Tagliatelle With Fresh Figs
- 75 g (3oz) dried tagliatelle
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large ripe fresh figs
- 15 g (½ oz) butter or margarine
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) medium curry powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soured cream
- 30 ml (2tbsp) grated parmesan cheese
- fresh herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Put the taleteller and salt to taste in a medium bowl and pour over 600ml (1pint) baling water. stir cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until almost tender stirring frequently .leave to stand, covered (do not drain)
- Meanwhile, cut one of the figs in half lengthways. Reserve one of the halves to garnish, then peel and roughly chop the remainder.
- Put the butter, chopped figs, and curry powder in a shallow dish and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and (Learn more cook pasta in rice cooker) stir into the fig mixture with the soured cream and parmesan cheese.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Carefully mix together with two forks and cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and the reserved fig half and serve immediately.
Green Figs Preserved in Syrup
The figs must not be too ripe and must be unblemished. This preserve is delicious with toast and cream.
- 1 X 400 ml (¾ pint) jar
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) figs
- 500 g (1½ lb) sugar
- 500 ml (17 fl oz) water
- 15-30 ml (1-2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) orange blossom or rose water (optional)
- Wash and trim stems of figs. Heat the sugar and water for about 5 minutes until dissolved. Add figs and bring syrup to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until figs are fairly soft. Remove figs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a warm, sterilized glass jar.
- Cheek syrup and, if it is too thin, boil rapidly for a few minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Flavor with lemon juice and orange blossom or rose water if using. Pour over figs and seal.