Last Updated on March 4, 2022 by Nazmin Sarker
Cucumber With Onion And Tarragon
- 10.30 40 calorie
1 cucumber salt and freshly ground pepper 15 g G oz) butter or margarine 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh tarragon 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced fresh tarragon sprigs, to garnish
- Remove thin strips of skin evenly from all around the cucumber. Quarter the cucumber lengthways and cut into 5 cm (2 inches) chunks. Sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Put the cucumber, butter, tarragon, and pepper to taste into a large bowl and cover. Cook on HIGH for 1 minute, then add the spring onions and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes or until tender. Season with pepper then serves garnished with tarragon.
Glazed Vegetable Provencal
- 0.20 £ 90 calorie
30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed * red pepper 1 yellow pepper ż green pepper 1 courgette, trimmed 1 large tomato 50 g (2 oz) mange-tout, trimmed 60 ml (4 tbsp) dry white wine salt and freshly ground pepper Fresh basil, to garnish
- Remove the core and seeds 1 from the peppers then cut the flesh into thin strips. Thinly slice the courgette. Skin, seed and cut the flesh of the tomato into strips.
- Heat a browning dish on HIGH 2 for 5-8 minutes or according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add the oil and garlic for the last 30 seconds.
- Add the Portia vegetable salad and stir. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly softened. A Stir in the white wine and T season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook on HIGH for 1 minute. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh basil.
Lentil, Mint, And Yogurt Salad
- 0.45 284 calorie
100 g (4 oz) green lentils, washed bouquet garni 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive or vegetable oil 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice large pinch of ground allspice salt and freshly ground pepper 45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped fresh mint 4 spring onions 3 large tomatoes 30 ml (2 tbsp) Greek strained yogurt lemon wedges and mint sprigs, to garnish
- Put the lentils into a large bowl and pour over 900 ml (14 pints) boiling water. Add the bouquet garni, cover, and cook on HIGH for 10–12 minutes or until the lentils are just tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil and lemon juice and season with allspice, salt, and pepper. Stir in the mint.
3 Drain the lentils and stir in the dressing whilst they are still hot so that they absorb the flavor of the dressing. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim and chop the spring onions finely and cut the tomatoes into small wedges.
5 Stir into the chilled lentils and mix together well. Stir in the Season if necessary. Serve chilled, garnished with lemon wedges and mint sprigs.
Check this article: What Is The Difference Between Food Processor And Chopper
Lentil and garlic salad: Omit the mint and add 2 garlic cloves, skinned and crushed.
Lentil and fresh herb salad: Omit the mint and add 45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley.
Lentil soup daniel fast is a useful pulse to keep in the store Cupboard because they do not need to be soaked before cooking and you, therefore, do not have to remember to presoak them the night before!
Instead of measuring the water for cooking, an alternative method is to pour enough boiling water over the lentils to cover them by about 2.5 cm (1 inch. Always boil the water in a kettle because large quantities are slow to heat up in the microwave cooker.
Baby Carrots With Watercress And Orange
- 0.15 55 calorie
bunch of watercress 450 g (1 lb) whole new carrots, scrubbed 15 g ( oz) butter or margarine 60 ml (4 tbsp) orange juice pepper
- Wash the watercress and reserve a few sprigs for garnish. Cut away any coarse stalks. Chop the leaves and remaining stalks.
- Put the watercress and carrots L in a shallow dish. Dot with the butter and spoon over the orange juice. Season to taste with pepper only.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
Okra With Baby Onions And Coriander
- 0.10|43-64 calorie
450 g (1 lb) okra 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil 15 ml (1 tbsp) coriander seeds, crushed 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed 225 g (8 oz) baby onions, skinned and halved 60 ml (4 tbsp) vegetable stock salt and freshly ground pepper
- Trim off the tops and tails of I the okra. Put the oil, coriander, and garlic in a serving bowl. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, okra, and stock and mix well together. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5—7 minutes or until the onions and okra are tender, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Potato And Leek Ramekins
- 0.25 220 calorie
1 large potato, weighing about 225 g (8 oz) 1 small leek 45 ml (3 tbsp) milk salt and freshly ground pepper freshly grated nutmeg 1 egg yolk 15 g Goz) butter or margarine 5 ml (1 tsp) poppy seeds
- Grease and line the bases of / two 150 ml a pint) ramekin dishes with greaseproof paper.
- Prick the potato all over with a fork, place on absorbent kitchen paper, and cook on HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until soft, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the white part of the leek and slice the green part into very thin 4 cm (15 inches) long strips. Wash separately and drain well.
- Put the white leek into a medium bowl with the milk, cover, and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the potato in half, scoop out the flesh and stir into the cooked leek and milk. Mash well together and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in the egg yolk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekin dishes. Cook on HIGH for 2-2, minutes, or until firm to the touch. Leave to stand.
- Meanwhile, put the butter into a small bowl with the strips of green leek and the poppy seeds. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the ramekins out onto a serving plate and spoon over the leek mixture. Cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately.
Cherry Tomatoes With Pine Nut And Basil Dressing
- 0.05 £ 170 calorie
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive or vegetable oil 25 g (1 oz) pine nuts 2.5 ml tsp) Dijon mustard 2.5 ml ( tsp) brown sugar salt and freshly ground pepper 2.5 ml (tsp) white wine vinegar 225 g (8 oz) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh basil
- Put the oil and the nuts in an I medium bowl and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper, and whisk together with a fork. Whisk in the vinegar.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on HIGH for 30 seconds, or until the tomatoes are just warm. Stir in the basil and serve immediately.
- How To Find The Best Blender For Indian Cooking
- Consumer Reports Best Blender Food Processor Combo
- The 60 Day Juice Fast And Its Many Health Benefits
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!