Easy Healthy Kid-Friendly Breakfast Recipes for School Mornings
Top: 8 Easy Healthy Kid-Friendly Recipes
Here are things to keep in mind in this article: I personally researched and found that these eight topics will help you achieve your healthy kid-friendly breakfast recipes goals. This topic was not discussed on any other website.
Spinach Sandwich Recipe
A healthy kid-friendly recipes sandwich recipe that provides the goodness & nutrition of spinach along with the taste of potatoes, onions, and bread.
Recipes containing Spinach must be included in a diet for kids as it boosts immunity, strengthens bones, aids digestion and also maintains a healthy nervous system and brain function.
Here is my recipe for an easy, healthy, 15-minute breakfast for kids. Adults like it too!
- 1 Cup Spinach (washed and chopped)
- 6 slices Bread (I prefer whole wheat bread but it has a shorter shelf life than the white sandwich bread, so buy it only if you can consume the packet in 2-3 days)
- Butter (As needed)
- Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli (slit or chopped. Omit if making this recipe for kids)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Seasoning: 1 tsp Salt (or as needed), 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, a pinch of turmeric
- In a pan, add oil. When it heats, add cumin seeds and then green chilies and chopped onions.
- After onions turn a bit brown and translucent, add mashed potatoes and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add chopped spinach leaves to the pan and cook until the leaves wilt. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Layer butter evenly on both sides of the bread and spread the spinach-potato-onion mixture into 2 bread slices.
- Grill in a toaster or heat on a Tawa from both sides until the bread turns golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or even try serving it with homemade mango chutney for an interesting variation! Kids get bored easily and variations in recipes are the only way to keep them eating healthy food.
Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
A milk-based beverage that is flavored with frozen yogurt, vanilla, and whole spices.
This is one of my favorite beverage recipes as it’s super quick to make and its flavor can be easily modified by adding different fruits to it. Works very well as a recipe for kids as they need variety almost every day!
What’s more – the benefits of making this are not only limited to the kids. With Vanilla being a well known natural aphrodisiac, one can also reach out for this recipe when in the mood to give a special treat to a special someone! Here goes the recipe:
- 1 cup Milk
- 15 Whole Cloves
- 15 Cardamom pods
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (medium-sized)
- 1 Vanilla pod, split
- 1 cup Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- Honey (Quantity as per taste)
- In a pan, add milk, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon sticks.
- From the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add to the pan.
- Heat milk but do not boil. Remove from heat and allow it to cool a little. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator and strain milk into a pan and discard spices.
- To this pan, add frozen yogurt and honey.
- Transfer the contents from the pan into a blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Serve in tall glasses garnished with a slit cherry.
In fact, I forgot to say one more thing, the articles mentioned in the article can be purchased an order from Amazon through this table. As shown in the table below.
Best Listing Types Of Product on Amazon Right Here:
Oil-Free Sooji Halwa Recipe
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
Sooji/Rava halwa is one of the easiest recipes to make and when made oil-free, it’s like literally the best of both worlds! This festive season you can easily treat your loved ones to this delicious Indian sweet without compromising their health in any way. Here goes the low on calories and superb on taste, sooji halwa recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup sooji (semolina / Rawa)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups of water
- A pinch of red-orange food color (optional)
- ½ tsp elaichi powder (green cardamom powder)
- For Garnishing: Few raisins (kishmish), Few almonds (sliced longitudinally)
- In a heavy-bottomed pan or kadhai roast the sooji/semolina/Rava till it turns light brown. You will have to constantly stir so it doesn’t burn and the browning will take 8-10 minutes.
- Just as the light brown sooji is about to turn a shade darker, pour 2 cups of water and keep stirring.
- Add sugar and food color (optional) and keep stirring till the sugar dissolves and you have a uniform light brown colored sooji with no lumps in the pan.
- Now is the turn of cardamom powder, raisins, and sliced almonds.
- Stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot. The oil-free sooji halwa tastes just as good as the ghee version!
Avocado Milkshake Recipe
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
Avocado milkshake combines the goodness of the superfood Avocado and milk to give you a healthy body, protection from diseases and stellar good looks!
Speaking of benefits of Avocado could take a lot of space here but to summarize, it is a wonderful skin and hair food, a vitamin-fortified superfood, enriched with Potassium and good fats and has zero cholesterol!
This avocado milkshake recipe is one beverage that is quick and easy to prepare but you may have some problem finding avocado in your local vegetable market.
Try supermarkets or buy online. In metro cities, it is more easily available. Though not a vegan, I generally make an avocado milkshake recipe with almond milk as I find it’s taste better. But for vegans, almond milk is the only option here. Here goes the recipe:
Recipe type: Beverages
- 1 Avocado (medium size)
- 3 cups of coconut milk/dairy milk/almond milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Scoop out the avocado butter by slicing the avocado in the middle.
- Add the avocado butter and all the other ingredients to a blender
- Blend on medium speed. Add 3-4 ice cubes too. Crushed ice is much better than solid cubes.
- Transfer contents into 2 glasses and serve.
Notes: You may also like strawberry milkshake recipe, banana milkshake recipe, mango lassi recipe
How to Make Mango Chutney At Home
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:20 mins
- Total time:30 mins
Mango chutney is one of the best ways to preserve the fruit that comes only once a year and that too for just about 2 months.
Two mango chutney recipes are popular at my home sweet mango chutney that is made with ripe mangoes sour mango chutney made with raw mangoes (Ambi in Hindi).
Recipe type: Chutney Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 2 teaspoons whole nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4-5 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- In a heavy-bottomed vessel, heat oil on medium-high.
- Saute the ginger, garlic and red chilies for a minute.
- Add the powdered spices and saute for another minute.
- Now is the turn of mangoes. Add the diced mangoes, sugar, salt, and vinegar and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil and reduce the flame to medium-low.
- Let it simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- This recipe is for sweet mango chutney that I like more as it can be easily paired with dal-rice or had with chapatis in absence of a vegetable to go with them or can even be spread on a slice of bread for a quick snack. My mom loves having a mango chutney bread sandwich with her evening tea and is more than obliged to make it for her in return for my favorite mango lassi! She makes yummy beverages with mango and I become a mango maniac in these 2 summer months!
- Tip: The consistency of chutney depends on what you like. If you like a thicker one, mash the mango chunks thoroughly. If you prefer a watery consistency with larger mango chunks, then avoid the masher.
- This mango chutney will survive for a good 2 months in your refrigerator, so though it seems time-taking, you should look at it as only a one-time effort.
- You may also like mango lassi recipe, bel sharbat recipe, strawberry milkshake recipe, banana milkshake recipe, recipes for smoothies
Banana Milkshake recipe – How To Make Milkshake Easily
- Prep time:5 mins
- Cook time:5 mins
- Total time:10 mins
This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes as it’s healthy and filling – a perfect start to the day. Worried about how to make a milkshake at home?
This simple step-by-step post will put all your worries to rest! Read on for this super banana milkshake recipe. ( See details for information best detox juice)
Recipe type: milkshake
- 2 cups thin coconut milk (you can even use the plain milk or even almond milk)
- 3 medium-size bananas
- a pinch or two of vanilla powder
- sugar or jaggery as required
- ¼ tsp cardamom or cinnamon powder for garnishing (optional)
- In a blender, put the peeled & chopped bananas, vanilla powder and coconut milk
- Add the jaggery or sugar as desired
- Blend everything till smooth
- pour in a tall glass and sprinkle cardamom or cinnamon powder for garnishing
- Your healthy banana milkshake is ready!
- You may also like recipes for smoothies, strawberry milkshake recipe, bel sharbat recipe, mango lassi recipe
How To Make Almond Milk At Home
Almond milk is a tasty alternative to plain old milk and ever since I made it for the first time, I and my family have got hooked to it.
A great beverage recipe that’s easy on the stomach, can be used in various desserts and also goes well with those having a milk allergy or lactose intolerance.
Thinking how to make almond milk at home from scratch? It’s easier than you think. Here’s how almond milk can be whipped up at home:
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water to blend the almonds
- 3-4 cups water for soaking/blanching the almonds
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla and honey (optional)
- This recipe makes 3-4 cups of almond milk. Soak the almonds in water overnight. If you forget to soak them, don’t worry, you can still carry on making almond milk at home by blanching the almonds.
- To blanch almonds, boil 3-4 cups water and soak the rinsed almonds in this boiled water and cover the utensil with a lid. Keep aside for 30-45 mins. After that, drain the water and peel off the almond skins one by one.
- In a blender, add the peeled almonds and 3-4 cups of water. Blend until the water is white and frothy. This may take 2-3 mins depending on the quality of the blender you are using.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer placed over a bowl, strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Pour into a glass and add vanilla essence for taste or honey to sweeten it if you like. When adding honey, it is required to mix it properly with the almond milk so it’s best to put the milk into the blender and then add honey and run it once or twice.
- The rest of the almond milk can be bottled away into the refrigerator and it stays good for 3-4 days.
- The leftover almond paste from which you have squeezed out all the milk can be used in various dessert sauce recipes like brownies, cakes, cookies, and bread. Nothing goes waste and you get yummy almond milk prepared in the healthy confines of your own kitchen!
- I have also used almond milk in major halwa/carrot halwa, sheer korma, and many other recipes.
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe – How to make a milkshake at home
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
- Total time:20 mins
Scorching summer is here and I’m all for milkshakes, lassi, smoothies and ice creams. I have recently developed a love for the strawberry-milkshake-my website and I love to have everything that contains them – strawberry with cheese, strawberry custard, strawberry smoothies, and whatnot.
The last weekend, a friend of mine gave me a Strawberry milkshake recipe and I went ga-ga over it! If you too are thinking how to make a milkshake at home, then try this recipe for one of the best milkshakes I’ve ever had!
Recipe type: Beverages
- 200-250 gms strawberry, hulled and chopped
- 2 and ½ cups of almond milk or regular milk
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- powdered jaggery (if you are one who loves all things organic, then you may even use organic cane sugar)
- 2 scoops vanilla or any ice cream (I used Sitaphal ice cream)
- ice cubes (optional)
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender barring the ice cream.
- Turn it on and blend till smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture in tall glasses.
- Gently place a scoop of the ice cream in the milkshake.
- Garnish with some chopped strawberries or dry fruits (sliced almonds, pasta or cashew nuts).
- Serve immediately. Get set to gather compliments for this strawberry milkshake recipe
- You may also like Mango Lassi Recipe, Bel Sharbat Recipe, Cranberry Punch Recipe
Cheese Balls Recipe
- Prep time:15 mins
- Cook time:30 mins
- Total time:45 mins
Cheese balls – the ever-popular finger food serves as a perfect party snack. This easy cheese balls recipe will turn you into a savvy Cheese-Balls-Recipehostess in under 30 minutes! Just put together the right ingredients and you are ready to delight your guests with homemade cheese balls.
Less oily, more crispy and a tad bit healthier (assuming you’d use better quality oil for frying 🙂 ) I am writing 2 cheese balls recipes for you – one is with and the other is an eggless recipe.
- Barring oil, mix all other ingredients in a large bowl and make a fluffy batter. Set aside for 15-20 mins in a cool place.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and slowly put spoon fulls of the batter into the oil. After a while, lower the flame from high to medium.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Your delicious cheese balls are ready!
- Method for eggless cheese balls recipe
- In a bowl mix together cheese, onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, pepper, and salt.
- Cut the sides of the bread so that only the soft part remains.
- Flatten each bread slice with a rolling pin.
- Before you start making the cheese balls, apply little water on both sides of each bread slice.
- Place a heaped tbsp of the cheese mixture in the center of the bread.
- Gather sides and shape it into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and cheese mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve cheese balls with tomato ketchup or Szechuan sauce.
Khasta Kachori Recipe
Deep-fried, stuffed with dry masala recipe and irresistibly tasty – that’s Shasta kachori for you! Popular as a snack all over India, this recipe is Khasta-Kachori-Recipeladen with calories but great to indulge in during festivals like Diwali.
Check out this easy, no-fuss khasta kachori recipe to treat your family to some homemade Diwali savories.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- For the dough:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- ¼th cup Ghee
- ½ tsp Salt
- Coldwater for kneading the dough
- For the Filling
- ¼th cup yellow moong dal (soaked for 3-4 hours and ground. I personally prefer coarsely ground as it gives a better texture when eating)
- ¼th cup urad dal (soaked for 3-4 hours and ground. I personally prefer coarsely ground as it gives a better texture when eating)
- 3-4 green chilies (chopped)
- ½ inch piece of Ginger (grated)
- Spices: 1 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida (heeng), ½ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp amchur, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tbsp besan, 3 tbsp oil, Salt
- To make the Dough
- Mix all the ingredients listed and knead very well for 5-7 minutes. The dough should be firm, so try to use little water.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls and keep aside.
- To make the filling:
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed kadhai. Add heeng, cumin seeds and then the ground moong daal and urad daal. Saute for 4-5 mins.
- Now add chopped green chilies, ginger and all powdered spices along with besan. Cook for 6-7 mins and remove from fire.
- Allow this mixture to cool down and then divide it into balls of equal size.
- To Assemble the Filling and Dough to make a Kachori:
- Now that both the dough and filling are ready, take out a rolling pin (chakra-below)
- Roll out each dough ball to make a thick round poori
- Place the ball of filling on to this and seal the ends of the dough together. Remove any excess filling.
- Gently press the center of this ball with your thumb.
- Prepare the rest of the kachoris in the same manner by placing the filling into dough balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once hot, put on medium flame and drop 2 kachoris slowly. Fry them till they turn golden brown on each side and puff up.
Deep fry on low-medium flame and not very hot oil or else the kachoris will not turn out undercooked.
Once done on both sides, drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil and serve with chole, chutney or make kachori chat.
Not just an awesome Diwali recipe to give you a break from all the sweets and dry fruits, but also this but khasta kachori recipe will also serve you good in winters when served with a cup of coffee or chai!