Last Updated on March 12, 2022 by Nazmin Sarker
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The many different types of sausages available, both fresh and cooked, make a useful and popular standby for quick meals, snacks, and sandwiches. Sausage is meat that is ground and seasoned. It is ground according to the way it is made. how to cook farmer sausage in oven varieties include:
- Fresh sausage: Usually made of pork, sometimes beef. Refrigerate and use within 2 or 3 days.
- Uncooked smoked sausage: Refrigerate and use as above. Includes kielbasa and mett wurst.
- Cooked sausage: Made from fresh, not cured, meat; is ready-to-serve. Unsliced pieces may be refrigerated for 4 to 6 days before use. Sliced pieces should be eaten within 2 to 3 days. Blood sausage and liverwurst are examples.
- Cooked, smoked sausage: Made of fresh meat, smoked, and fully cooked. Refrigerate and eat within 4 to 5 days. If sliced, use within 2 or 3 days. See below on bow to serve hot. Frankfurters and some salami are types.
- Dry and semi-dry sausage: Smoked or unsmoked, these are ready-to-eat. Refrigerate and use within 2 to 3 weeks. They include salami, pepperoni, and cervelat.
- Cooked meat specialties: Include a variety of ready-to-serve meat mixer machine products. Most are presliced and packaged; some are spreadable. Use within 2 or 3 days.
Cooking Fresh and Uncooked Smoked Sausage
Make sure that sausage links or patties are cooked thoroughly; turn links with tongs during cooking so that you avoid piercing the casings.
Pan-frying: Place links in a cold skillet with 2 to 4 tablespoons water; cover tightly and, over low heat, cook 5 to 8 minutes, depending on size. Remove the cover of the skillet and cook the links until they are browned, turning them occasionally. Cook sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat until they are browned, turning them frequently with a pancake turner.
Broiling: Place sausage links on a rack in a broiling pan and broil until well done, turning and brushing them occasionally either with sauce or with butter or margarine. Uncooked bratwurst should be placed in a pan of water, heated to boiling, and left to stand about 10 minutes before broiling. Drain them thoroughly before boiling as above.
Baking: Place links or patties on rack in an open roasting pan and bake in preheated 400 F. (See details: Top 5 Pros And Cons of Farberware Air Fryer Toaster Oven ) 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
Check this articles: A Guide On The Best Pots And Pans For Gas Stove In 2022
Heating Cooked Smoked Sausage Links
Cooked smoked-sausage links may be heated through in simmering water; pan-fried over medium heat in 1 or 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, butter, or margarine until browned on all sides; or brushed with melted fat, placed on a rack in broiling pan and broiled 3 inches from heat until links are evenly browned on all sides.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder blade roast boneless, cut into1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 yards natural sausage casing
- Begin 5 hrs ahead
- 8 main-dish servings
- 167 calorie per serving
- Good source of thiamine
- With a food grinder, using the coarse cutting disk, grind cubed pork into a large bowl.
- Add chopped parsley, salt rubbed sage, and pepper; mix well. Refrigerate mixture until well chilled, about 3 ½ hours.
- Rinse casing in several changes of warm water; slip one end of the casing over the faucet and run warm water through it.
- Cover casing with warm water and let soak 30minutes until it is supple.
- Remove cutting disk from the meat grinder and attach sausage horn as manufacturer directs.
- Place some of the meat mixtures in a grinder and grind just until the meat reaches the end of the sausage horn.
- Slip an entire length of sausage casing onto the horn, allowing 2 inches to extend over the end; tie the end of the casing in a knot.
- To fill the casing, gradually grind the meat mixture into the casing, pulling the casing gently to fill it evenly. Do not overfill the casing.
- Twist casing at 5-inch intervals or at desired lengths to form links, pressing meat away from twists. With kitchen shears, cut into links. Cover; refrigerate.
To cook: In covered 12-inch skillet over low heat, in ¼ cup simmering water, cook links 5 minutes; uncover; brown over medium heat 20 minutes.
About 1 hour before serving: Prepare the meat mixture as for Homemade Sausage, above, but in step 2 do not refrigerate; shape the meat mixture into patties.
In a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat, cook the patties for about 25 minutes or until they are browned and well done. Carefully turn the patties occasionally with a pancake turner to ensure they cook and brown evenly. (Makes 8 main-dish servings.)
Sauces for meat
- Begin 1 ½ hrs ahead
- 16 calorie per serving
- 1 cup or 6servings
- Mint Sauce
- 2 bunches mint
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Rinse mint well in cold water; drain thoroughly. Trim any tough stems. On the cutting board, finely chop mint to make 1 cup.
- In a small bowl, combine mint with the remaining ingredients. Let stand 1 hour to blend flavors. Serve with roast or broiled lamb.
- Begin 15 mins ahead 296 calories per ⅓ cup 1 2/3 cups
Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 16-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat to boiling all ingredients, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5minutes. Serve with sliced tongue, roast pork, or baked ham.
- Begin 10mins ahead 77 calories per ¼ 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup dark seedless raisins
- ⅓ cup currant jelly
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat to boiling water, raisins, jelly, orange peel, salt, and allspice. In a cup, blend cornstarch with orange juice; stir into raisin mixture, and cook. stirring, until thickened and clear. Serve with baked ham, sliced tongue, or roast pork.
- Begin 15 mins ahead or 86 calories per ¼ cup early in the day 1 ½ cups
Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Onto waxed paper shred cucumber; pat dry. In a medium bowl, stir cucumber and remaining ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with sliced tongue, roast beef, or baked ham.
- What Is The Best Oven For Baking And Grilling In 2022
- Veal Roast Recipe Slow Cooker In 2022
- The Variety Meat Market And Groceries Recipe
- Top 10 Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer Made In USA of 2022
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!
Last update on 2022-02-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API