Salad With Orange and Beetroot (John Dory)2013-01-06
- Yield: 12
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
- Ready In: 0m
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
355 People rated this recipe
Beet Salad with Orange
Salad with orange and beetroot (John Dory), unlike other fish the filleted side of divides neatly into three strips, rather than the more usual two.
You’ll see exactly what I mean when you take a look at it.
In this recipe,
The strips are quickly pan-fried to top a salad of peppery watercress and rocket sweet beetroot and tart oranges:
You can buy now amazon product
A surprisingly good combination.
- 2 Jhon Dory, weighting about 700g (1 ½ lb) each, skinned and filleted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- plain flour
- salt and pepper
- snipped fresh chives, to garnish
- For the Salad: large handful of watercress
- large handful of rocket
- 1 large or 2 small beetroot, preferably home-cooked, skinned and diced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- For the Dressing: 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon olive oil and 2 tablespoons olive oil, or 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Divide each fillet neatly into three along the natural lines. Cut the larger pieces in half. Season with salt and pepper and set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
To make the dressing, season the lemon juice with salt and pepper and then whisk in the oil(s) a tablespoon at a time. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Shortly before serving, toss the greenery with this dressing. Arrange on a plate and scatter with the beetroot and orange.
Heat the remaining oil over high heat. Dust the fillet pieces lightly with flour and fry very quickly, until just firm. If you got the oil hot enough in the first place they will also be patched with brown. Lay the fried fish over the salad, sprinkle with chives and serve at once.