Last Updated on March 12, 2022 by Nazmin Sarker
Disneyland beef stew recipe slow cooker from succulent steaks, juicy roasts to hearty hamburgers and spicy meatloaves, beef provides us with a greater variety of meats definition of cuts and more ways of cooking than any other meat. Please step by step process this article.
Buying Beef Guide
Beef should be a uniform bright color, varying from light to deep red. The texture of the meat should be fine rather than coarse, firm, and slightly moist, and the bones should be red and porous.
The color of the fat varies with age, feed, and breed of the animal, and cannot be taken as a guide to quality. Some beef usually cuts such as roasts and some steaks, is aged to increase its tenderness. Always check if the small meat mixer you are buying has been aged so you will know whether or not to tenderize it.
Beef may also be pretended with papain. If this has been done, the label on the package will carry special cooking directions and it is important that you follow these.
Testing For Doneness
Medium beef is cooked to 160’F. Beef is well done when the meat thermometer reads 170’F. And is a uniform brown color throughout, with clear, golden juices.
Cooked braised or simmered beef should be a fork-tender. The table below is intended as a guide for cooking veal roast beef; times are for roasting meat straight from the refrigerator.
Time Table For Roasting Beef
|Weight (in pounds)||Rare 140 F.||Medium 160’F.||Well Done 170’F.||Oven Temperature|
|Rib roast 4 to 6|
6 to 8
|1¾ to 2½|
2¼ to 3
|2¼ to 3½|
2¾ to 3½
|2¾ to 4|
3¼ to 4¼
4 to 6
|1¼ to 1¾||1¼ to 2||350′ F.|
4 to 6
|45 to 60 mins||1½ to 2¼||425’F.|
2 to 3
|45 to 50 mins||425’F|
|Rump roast boneless|
4 to 6
|1¾ to 2½||325′ F.|
3½ to 4
6 to 8
|2 to 2¼|
3 to 4
- Remove meat from oven when the internal temperature is 5 to 10 degree below the desired doneness as meat continues cooking
- Temperature a meat thermometer.
Rib roasts of beef: Place the beef on a cutting board or warm platter with the large end down and the ribs to your left. Insert carving fork, tines down, between the top and second rib of the roast. With the carving knife, carefully cut across the meat to-ward the rib bone, making a slice about ¼ inch thick.
Remove the knife and, with tip, cut down alongside rib bone to release meat; place the slice on a warm dinner plate. Continue cutting slices, removing each rib bone as it is exposed.
Boneless roast: Place the roast on a board or warm platter. Cutaway any strings (or, if the roast starts to fall apart, leave one or two in place to help the roast hold its shape). Using a fork to anchor the meat, start cutting crosswise across the fibers (grain) of the meat into slices ¼ to ½ inch thick.
Steak or arm or blade pot roast: With the roast on a cutting board and using a fork to anchor the meat, cut between muscles and around bones. Carve one section at a time, turning to cut across the grain of the meat.
Cut the pieces into slices of desired thickness. Repeat with the remaining sections of meat.
Tasty Beef Stew Recipe
This veal stew recipe slow cooker rich beef stew recipe is flavored with oranges, red wine, and porcini mushroom.
- 1 tbsp oil 15 g/
- ½ oz/1 tbsp butter
- 225 g/8 oz baby onions, peeled and halved
- 600 g/1 lb oz stewing steak, diced into 4 cm/
- 1½ inch chunks
- 300 ml/ ½ pint/1 ¼ cup beef stock
- 150 ml5 fl oz/
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 4 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 orange
- 25 g/1 oz porcini or other dried mushroom
- 225 g/8 oz fresh plum tomatoes cooked rice or potatoes, to serve.
- Heat the oil and butter in a big frying pan (skillet). Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove with a perforated spoon, set aside, and keep warm.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Return the onions to the frying pan (skillet) and add the stock, wine, oregano, and sugar, stirring to mix well. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Pare the rind from the orange and cut it into strips. Slice the orange flesh into the ring. Add the orange rings and the rind to the casserole. Cook in a preheated oven, at 180’/C/350’F/Gas Mark 4, for 1 ¼ hour.
- Soak the porcini mushroom for 30 minutes in a small bowl containing 4 tablespoons of warm water.
- Peel and halve the tomatoes, porcini mushroom, and their soaking liquid to the casserole. Cook for a further 20 minutes until the beef is tender and the juices thicken. Serve with cooked rice or potatoes.
Instead of fresh tomatoes, try using 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into wide strips, if you prefer.
More Articles You Might Enjoy
- What Is The Best Oven For Baking And Grilling In 2022
- A Guide On The Best Pots And Pans For Gas Stove In 2022
- Top 10 Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer Made In USA of 2022
- The Best Cookware Sets Under 200 In 2022 | Let’s Pick The Best One
- Top 5 Best Meat Mixer Machine For Sale In 2022
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!