Last Updated on April 13, 2021 by Nazmin Sarker
Rock Cornish Hens Recipes
1) Rock Cornish Hens with Red Raisin Sauce
- 4 1-pound Rock Cornish hens
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- ½ cup wheat germ, chicken broth
- ½ cup finely chopped celery and leaves
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Red Raisin Sauce:
- 1 10-ounce jar red currant jelly, ½ cup golden raisins, ¼ cup butter or margarine, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 16-ounce jar spiced crabapples, drained, for garnish
- Sprinkle the body cavity of each hen with salt and pepper. Twist wins tips up and back, tucking neck skin underwings to secure it.
- In a large bowl, combine croutons, wheat germ, celery, broth, 2 tablespoons melted butter, sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; lightly spoon into body cavities.
- Tie the legs and tail of each hen together. Brush with melted butter; roast, breast side up, in open roasting pots and pans for gas stove, at 425 F. 1 hour, brushing occasionally with butter.
- Meanwhile, prepare Red Raisin Sauce: In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sauce ingredients, stirring occasionally, until blended, about 10 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of roasting, cut strings around legs to allow heat to penetrate and brush hens with some Red Raisin Sauce.
- Birds are done when the leg moves easily up and down (protect hands with a paper towel). Serve with sauce and garnish with drained crabapples.
Check the top 5 farberware air fryer toaster oven from Amazon
2) Rock Cornish Hens with Dressing
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice
- Butter or margarine
- ¼ pound mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped dry shallots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 4 1-pound Rock Cornish hens
- Spiced apple rings and parsley for garnish
- Prepare rice as label directs; set aside. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in ½ cup hot butter or margarine, cook mushrooms, shallots, celery, and green pepper until vegetables are fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Add mixture to rice; stir in ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove giblets and necks from hens. Rinse and drain hens well. Lightly spoon about ½ cup of rice mixture into each hen. Spoon remainder into 1-quart greased casserole; cover; set aside. Tuck neck skin underwings to secure it. With string, tie the legs, and tail of each hen together.
- Place hens, breast side up. On rack in open roasting pan; brush generously with ¼ cup melted butter; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast, brushing occasionally with drippings in the pan, in 375 F. oven 1 ¼ hours or until a leg can be moved easily up and down. During the last 30 minutes, bake the remaining rice mixture until hot.
- Remove strings from hens. Serve hens on rice mixture; garnish with apple rings and parsley.
3) Stuffed Rock Cornish Hens with Rhubarb Sauce
- 4 1-pound Rock Cornish hens
- Salad oil
- 1 cup chopped onion, celery
- 1 8-ounce package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- Rhubarb Sauce:
- 1 ¼ pounds rhubarb, cut up (2 cups)
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of sugar
- Remove giblets and necks from hens. Rinse and drain hens well. Tuck the neck skin of each hen underwings to secure it.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in ¼ cup hot salad oil, cook onion and celery until golden, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing mix as label directs; stir into onion mixture. Lightly spoon mixture into hens. Tie the legs and tail of each hen together.
- Brush hens generously with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place, breast side up, on a rack in an open roasting pan. Roast at 375 F. 1 ¼ hours or until a leg can be moved easily up and down.
- Meanwhile, prepare Rhubarb Sauce: In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat rhubarb, water, salt, and cinnamon to boiling; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in sugar. Baste hens frequently with sauce during the last 30 minutes of roasting. Remove strings. Serve with remaining sauce.
4) Rock Cornish Hens with Mincemeat Dressing
- 2 1 ½ – to 2-pound frozen Rock Cornish hens, thawed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, cubed
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup prepared mincemeat, drained
- ½ teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons medium sherry
- Remove giblets and necks from hens. Rinse and drain hens. Tuck neck skin underwings of each hen to secure it. On rack in open roasting pan, place hens, breast side up. Roast, brushing occasionally with melted butter, in 350 F. oven for about 1 ¼ hour or until a leg can be moved easily up and down.
- Meanwhile, for stuffing, in a 1-quart casserole, combine bread cubes, orange juice, celery, prepared mincemeat, and salt; toss lightly. Bake along with hens for the last 30 minutes of roasting.
- In a small bowl, mix corn syrup and sherry; during the last 10 minutes of roasting time, brush over hens to glaze them. Serve stuffing with hens.
5) Lemon-glazed Rock Cornish Hens
- 2 1 ½ -to 2-pound frozen Rock Cornish hens, thawed
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Lemon-Apple Glaze (below)
- Remove giblets and necks from inside hens. Place hens on rotisserie skewer as manufacturer directs. Or, fold neck skin to the back of hens; skewer hens on rotisserie skewer through the meaty part of birds so they will balance evenly and turn without slipping. With string, tie wings close to bodies of hens and bring string down to secure legs and tail close together. Brush hens with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Position the skewer as close to the heating element as possible without birds touching it as they turn. Roast 1 ¼ hours until fork-tender. Meanwhile, prepare Lemon-Apple Glaze. During the last 20 minutes, brush frequently with glaze.
- Remove skewer from hens and discard strings.
Lemon-Apple Glaze: In a small bowl, mix well 1/3 cup light corn syrup, 2 tablespoons apple juice, 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
Positioning hens on a skewer: To balance birds and prevent slipping, skewer through the meaty part.
Tying birds: Tie wings close to bodies then bring string down, securing legs and tail close to bodies.
6) Honeyed Rock Cornish Hens
- 4 1½- pound frozen Rock Cornish hens, thawed
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 green onions, minced salad oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Remove giblets, and necks from inside of hens. Rinse hens with running cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Cut each hen quarters.
- In 13’’ by 9’’ baking dish mix soy sauce, sherry, ginger, and green onions. Add hen quarters to soy sauce mixture and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- About40 minutes before serving: In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in ¼ inch salad oil, fry half of hen quarters until tender and well-browned on all sides, about 20 minutes. Remove to platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining pieces.
To serve: Brush hen quarters with honey. Arrange on platter lined lettuce.
7) Broiled Rock Cornish Hen
- 1 1½-to 1¾ pound frozen Rock Cornish hen, thawed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple slices, drained, chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar hot cooked rice for 2 servings
- Preheat broiler, if manufacturer directs. Remove giblets and neck. Rinse hen in running cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Cut hen in half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place halves, skin side down, in a small broiling pan or 13’’ by 9’’ baking pan. Place l tablespoon butter or margarine in each cavity; pour lemon juice over halves.
- About 7 inches from the source of heat (or at 450′ F.) broil hen 5 minutes, brushing with melted butter from cavity; broil 15 minutes longer. Turn hen and broil for about 15 to 20 minutes until the drumstick moves easily up and down, brushing with pan drippings occasionally.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, arrange pineapple around hen, sprinkle pineapple with brown sugar, and broil until slices are golden.
- Combine rice with parsley. Serve hen with rice and pineapple slices. Spoon pan drippings over the hen.
- How To Cook Farmer Sausage In Oven
- Turkish Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- The Best Cookware Sets Under 200 In 2021
- What Is The Best Oven For Baking And Grilling In 2021
Here you will find a collection of delicious all recipes tested and approved by me, Nazmin Sarker, creator of this food blog. Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create!
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API