Best Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Tuna Stuffed tomato recipe is an easy night dinner recipe made with simple mayonnaise essential ingredients.
Tuna complete is lemon mayonnaise you can delicious sweet roasted tomatoes are of homemade.
I recommend buying doing for this recipe sharp ceramic knives
Everyone will like my stuffed tomato recipe
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 X 115 g/4 oz can tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- To Garnish: 2 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips fresh basil leaves
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Divide the sun-dried tomato paste among the tomato halves and spread around the inside of the skin.
- Place on a baking tray (cookie sheet) and roast in a preheated oven at 200’C/400’F/Gas Mark 6 for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise. In a food processor, blend the egg yolks and lemon juice with the lemon rind until smooth.
- Once mixed and with the motor still running slowly, add the olive oil.
- Stop the processor as soon as the mayonnaise has thickened. Alternatively, use a hand whisk, beating the mixture continuously until it thickens.
- Add the tuna and capers to the mayonnaise and season.
- Spoon the tuna mayonnaise mixture into the tomato shells and garnish with sun-dried tomato strips and basil leaves.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes or serve chilled.
- For a picnic, do not roast the tomatoes, just scoop out the seeds, drain,m cut side down on absorbent kitchen paper for 1 hour, and fill with the mayonnaise mixture.
- They are firmer to handle and easier to eat with the fingers this way.