Last Updated on June 14, 2021 by Nazmin Sarker
Italian Tuna Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Tuna Stuffed cherry tomatoes recipe is an easy night dinner recipe made with simple mayonnaise essential ingredients. Tuna complete is lemon mayonnaise you can delicious sweet roasted tomatoes are of homemade.
Everyone will like my stuffed tomato recipe
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 X 115 g/4 oz can tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- To Garnish: 2 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips fresh basil leaves
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Divide the sun-dried tomato paste among the tomato halves and spread it around the inside of the skin.
- Place on a baking tray (cookie sheet) and roast in a preheated oven at 200’C/400’F/Gas Mark 6 for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise. In a juicer blender food processor combo, blend the egg yolks and lemon juice with the lemon rind until smooth.
- Once mixed and with the motor still running slowly, add the olive oil.
- Stop the processor as soon as the mayonnaise has thickened. Alternatively, use a hand whisk, beating the mixture continuously until it thickens.
- Add the tuna and capers to the mayonnaise and season.
- Spoon the tuna mayonnaise mixture into the tomato shells and garnish with sun-dried tomato strips and basil leaves.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes or serve chilled.
For a picnic, do not roast the tomatoes, just scoop out the seeds, drain,m cut side down on absorbent kitchen paper for 1 hour, and fill with the mayonnaise mixture. They are firmer to handle and easier to eat with the fingers this way.
Baked Herbed Tomatoes
- Baked Herbed Tomatoes
- Begin 25 minutes ahead
- 4 servings
- 29 cals per serving
- Low in sodium
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary, basil
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350″ F. Cut tomatoes horizontally in half into the sawtooth pattern.
- In a cup, mix salt, rosemary, and basil. Sprinkle each tomato half with some herb mixture and dot with butter or margarine.
- Place tomato halves in a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Begin 45 minutes ahead
- 6 servings
- 145 cals per serving
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375’F. In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter, cook onion until tender, then stir in crumbs, salt, basil, and pepper.
- Into 1¼-quart shallow casserole, place ¼ of tomato slices; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar and ¼ of the bread-crumb mixture. Repeat, ending with a bread-crumb mixture.
- Cover casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover casserole and bake 5 minutes longer or until crumbs are golden.
Cherry tomatoes are small, red tomatoes sold by the box in many markets. Although too small to peel they can be used like other tomatoes in recipes.
Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
- Begin 10 minutes ahead
- 4 servings
- 50 cals per serving
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot oil, cook cherry tomatoes for 5 minutes or until heated through, shaking the saucepan occasionally. To serve, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.